Firstly we are well aware there are cheaper Chinese Lanterns for you , the consumer to purchase. These Lanterns can be dangerous for the reasons listed below.
- The wicks are usually glycerine based and drip which can be very dangerous if you are looking up as your lantern floats away.
- They may not be fire retardant which means the lantern could catch fire.
- The instructions inside are usually basic and not nearly detailed enough to avoid the hazards that can come with using a Chinese lantern if not used correctly.
- The wick is often too close to the lantern ,causing it to burn the paper.
- The packaging is also a problem as they do not contain anti moisture packets. These lanterns can therefore be damp when lit which creates a problem when trying to launch them.
- Below is an example to a Skylantern which contians medal wiring. These are not Biodegradable. Our's are!!!